dinServer is a hosted virtual server offering from dinCloud. These virtual servers reside in a dinCloud hosted private cloud. Through its robust architecture, built-in security measures and transparent pricing, dinCloud facilitates a heavenly experience in the cloud.
Why dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers?
The success of a cloud migration is dependent on more than just infrastructure. Ongoing client support helps customize virtual cloud servers and their environment to meet each organization’s unique requirements and key performance metrics. The following benefits and many more can be quickly achieved and realized with the deployment of dinServers.
dinCloud Hosted Virtual Server Benefits
dinCloud built its hosted virtual server offering from the ground up with 'cloud' in mind. Security, control, usability were all key features. But most of all, you will get the support you need to migrate to the cloud, and the flexibility from us as your service provider, to work within YOUR business parameters.
We don’t offer just a bunch of infrastructure in the cloud- we help you get onto the cloud. This is an important differentiator we offer. We will hand hold you through planning, migration, and on-going support should you require it.
Administrators maintain complete access and visibility into dinCloud infrastructure, from end user utilization down to the command line.
When there is a change in business needs, instantly scale resources up or down via dinManage, dinCloud’s cloud provisioning and orchestration platform.
dinServers do more than just virtualize – they secure data. Security is built into the foundation of every virtual dinCloud environment. Inherent dinCloud security measures include a dedicated virtual firewall for every server, daily data snapshots to supplement backups, 2-factor authentication for VPN users, secure border routing, a dedicated SSL gateway, data encryption and more.
dinCloud infrastructure has built-in business continuity/disaster recovery considerations. Data is stored and replicated to a remote data center. In the event of an outage, failover is automated to another remote location.
dinServers are incredibly powerful - running at an average speed that is more than twice as fast as the virtual server competition.
Most providers sneak in hidden costs in the form of data transfer fees, typically encountered during a migration. dinCloud offers flat rate pricing with no hidden costs or fees!
dinCloud Hosted Virtual Server Features
Customizable Server Configuration
Configure the RAM, CPU, and DISK resources of your Linux and Windows servers, exactly as per your organizational needs.
Instantaneous Server Resource Modification
Scale up, or scale down your server resources according to the changing requirements of your virtual environment, at any given time through our intelligent Control Panel.
Data Sanctity Through Private Firewalls
Ensure the security and sanctity of your servers by, not only by a physical layer, but also through your own virtual private firewalls, enacting Threatstop to prevent all sorts of attacks.
Enjoy Port Forwarding and Natting Capabilities
Add layers of security by managing and controlling the access to your servers via advanced port forwarding and Natting options.
Multiple Sub Network Addition Facility
For better, and easy management of your servers, add multiple sub-nets to your environment.
Public IP Assignment and VPN Tunnels
Assign public IPs and create secure VPN tunnels to connect servers to your on-premise applications.
Active Directory Automation
Leverage Active Directory automation to your advantage for creating, and joining domains.
Redundancy Through Regular Backups
Have your peace of mind, knowing that regular, 48 hour backups of your environment are being captured to keep your business going and going.
Acquire and Manage Your Domains
Buy, edit, and remove your domains, and their records through the DNS service available from our Control Panel.
How dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers Work
Once your hosted private cloud is set up, you can start building dinServers for business and legacy applications with complete control. Our cloud orchestration and provisioning tool, dinManage, gives you complete control to configure, upgrade, downgrade, add or remove servers and also maintain command line level access to your servers. So, how is that for control?
With dinServers, customers can:
- Rapidly migrate their infrastructure to the cloud
- Spin-up or spin-down servers on the fly
- Modify configurations including memory, storage, and compute power
- Connect and manage their environment via the web or through web-services
- Integrate with Microsoft Active Directory
- Directly administer servers with command line access
How to Migrate to dinServer
No matter the state of your current IT environment, dinCloud can facilitate your server migration (no headaches!). Get started with one of the following options to kick-start your move in the cloud.
Pricing for dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers
Hosted Virtual Server Pricing
The many benefits of cloud are attainable without significant capital expenditure. And best of all, you can avoid surprises on your cloud bill with flat rate pricing from dinCloud. dinCloud’s Hosted Virtual Server pricing is calculated per server based on the CPU, RAM and DISK selected. For ease of use, we’ve packaged Hosted Virtual Server resources, based on commonly used consumption models, but you can always customize (CPU, RAM and Disk) as needed.
Sample Hosted Virtual Server Packages
|Package||GB RAM||vCPU||GB disk Space Built In|
|Performance Express||8 GB||4||200|
|Task Express||4 GB||2||80|
For example, our Performance Express comes with 8 GB RAM, 4vCPU, and 200 GB disk space built-in. This package is designed to meet the demands of resource intensive workloads. Meanwhile the Task Express is designed for those only running one workload. To meet the lesser demands of this workload, this package is designed with 4 GB RAM, 2 vCPU, and 80 GB disk space built-in. These packages are customizable, as additional RAM, CPU and DISK can be added on as needed. Plus, all packages are available with your choice of Windows or Linux OS.
As with all dinCloud services, you pay a flat monthly subscription price for your configuration. Cancel with just 30 days’ notice. No long-term contracts. And you can always re-configure in real time, by spinning resources up or down viadinManage, our cloud provisioning and orchestration platform.
Need more info? You can also contact us for a Get a Quote.
What's included with Hosted Virtual Servers?
The above rates are inclusive, keeping in line with dinCloud’s approach to transparent pricing and no hidden fees. Every dinCloud customer reaps the benefits of our high performance infrastructure with built-in features including encryption and malware detection.
What You Get with Hosted Virtual Servers
Our high performance virtual servers can help your business adopt more agile, efficient and secure IT operations.
Our Most Popular dinServer packages offer fast and reliable performance with:
- A hosted private cloud the foundation of a secure, resilient server workload.
- Every hosted private cloud (minimum of 1 server) will be provisioned with a firewall for sound security best practices.
- Cloud centric networking that allows you to control what goes in and out of your network.
- Encryption during access to your virtual server and for your stored data.
- Flexibility to choose how much computing power, memory, and storage you may need and change on the fly.
- Full control of your server(s) and application(s) through remote console access or through dinManage – our cloud orchestration platform.
- You can also add redundancy into your infrastructure. Get the peace of mind with business continuity and disaster recovery functionality.
Windows Server 2016
Many organizations are reading about the benefits of Windows Server 2016. dinCloud is happy to offer a special environment specifically tailored for hosting Windows Server 2016 workloads. You'll also get the expected benefits of:
- Device Guard- a tool that helps ensure only authorized executables run on a machine.
- Windows Server 2016 now provides full support for Windows Defender, a noticeable change from Windows Server 2012 and 2008.
- Enhanced auditing for threat detection: An enhanced auditing system for threat detection and logging.
- Storage health monitoring- provides continuous monitoring, reporting, and maintenance, to support Storage Spaces Direct.
- IP Address Management: IPAM now supports comprehensive DNS and DHCP management with role-based access control across multiple AD forests.
- DNS provides for traffic management, load balancing, and split-brain deployments and prevention of DNS amplification attacks.
Please see our different tiered pricing for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2016.
Hosted Virtual Server Express Offering
Our Express offering helps you get started with our hosted virtual servers. To ensure you get only what you need, we’ve designed each Express configuration to meet common workloads. Plus, you have the flexibility to choose between Windows Server and Linux configurations, and add-on resources to meet your needs. The following packages reflect Windows Server 2008.
Windows Server Express Packages
Windows Server Performance Express
Designed to meet the needs of resource intensive workloads, for example SQL Server, SharePoint, or Line of Business applications, the Performance Express is our most robust configuration.
Windows Server Base Express
The Base Express is geared for light to moderate workloads.
Windows Server Task Express
Don’t overspend if you are only running one workload on your virtual server. Ideal for those running Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, etc.
Windows Server Cluster Express
An expansion of the Base Express, the Windows Server Base Cluster Express packages together 10 virtual machines (VMs), each configured for low to medium workloads.
Linux Server Express
Linux CentOS Server Performance Express
Designed to meet the needs of resource intensive workloads, the Performance Express is our most robust configuration.
Linux CentOS Server Base Express
The Base Express is geared for light to moderate workloads.
Linux CentOS Server IoT Express
The IoT Express is geared for running Internet of Things (IoT) workloads. These are small, nimble virtual machines (VMs) to help you manage intelligent devices.
Linux CentOS Server Base Cluster Express
An expansion of the Base Express, the Linux CentOS Server Base Cluster Express packages together 10 virtual machines (VMs), each configured for low to medium workloads.
Windows Server 2016 Pricing
If you are looking for a virtual hosted server with the latest updates and features, Windows Server 2016 can prove to be a worthwhile enhancement for your business.
What’s Included in Hosted Virtual Server Express
- Operating System [Windows Server/Linux]
- Dedicated Firewall
- VPN-Ready Configurations
- Pre-defined Specs for Varied Workloads
- Hosted private cloud infrastructure
Hosted Virtual Servers: Related Articles
- What are Virtual Machines
- More than Cloud Hosted Servers
- Virtual Co-Location Is More Than Just About Rack Space
- ROI and Migration in the Cloud: dinCloud Provides it All
- Why implement server virtualization in your company?
- Midsize-Insider features dinCloud’s Hosted Virtual Services
- Channel Partners mentioned dinServer as a New Cloud Option for IT-Fearful Agents
- Hosted Virtual Servers now a part of Business Provisioning