- TechTarget's Opinion about dinCloud
- Chicago Law Firm Clears Immigration to Cloud in under a Week
- dinCloud Partners with ThreatStop
- DaaS Specific Solutions of dinCloud Highlighted by BrianMadden
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: DaaS Picks Up Where VDI Failed
- dinCloud offers DaaS for Law Firms
- TechRadar Pro Spoke to Mike Chase, EVP & CTO at dinCloud
- dinCloud Targets Law Firms with New Cloud Service Suite
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: Bye, Bye VDI; Hello DaaS
- VMware DaaS sited to Outplay Amazon WorkSpaces -- and its own Partners
- dinCloud Announces Legal Industry Specific Cloud Services
- dinCloud Announces First HTML5 Powered Hosted Virtual Desktop
- Business News Daily Mentions dinCloud
- New Product Launches and R&D Investments for 2014
- Mashable Cites dinCloud CEO for Insight on Cloud Savings.
- eWeek Features dinCloud for Virtual Server Hosting.
- Ingram Micro Cloud Now Offers dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers.
- dinCloud Announces Retail Cloud Services
- dinCloud Recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor
- dinCloud Wins 2014 TMC Cloud Computing Desktop-as-a-Service Award
- dinCloud CTO: Migration Wars Coming After Price Wars
- Cloud Services Providers like dinCloud Thriving Despite Price Clash Among Giants
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer VARs Cloud-based Solutions
- White Labeling Cloud Services Pros and Cons
- Tech Data Expands Extreme Networks Alliance - Adds dinCloud
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer Turnkey Cloud Solutions
- Cloud Computing: A Painkiller for IT Managers
- Big Awards SYNC with dinCloud CTO Mike Chase on Trends in the Cloud
- Combination of Internally Developed Software and Cloud-based Services by dinCloud Mentioned by TechTarget
- TechTarget Features DaaS Services of dinCloud
- dinCloud Offers no Transfer Fees with its New Cloud Service
- Search Virtual Desktop Discusses DaaS Services by dinCloud
- Network World Lists D3 Storage by dinCloud in New Products of the Week
- DrivenBI is to Deliver its Cloud Analytics Platform on dinCloud
- DrivenBI Partners with dinCloud to Launch Cloud-Based Analytics for Existing Cloud Transformation Services
- dinCloud's dinStorage D3 is Covered by Business Cloud
- AMZN D3 Cloud Storage Solution by dinCloud Featured by Talkin' Cloud
- dinCloud Launches dinStorage D3 for Cloud Storage Automation
- Mike Chase, CTO dinCloud Quoted in SearchVirtualDesktop Article
- dinCloud Wins Gold Stevie® Award
- TechNewsWorld Mentions dinCloud for Its Adaptability and Affordability
- Cloud Secrets: How to Get In - And Out - Quickly
NetFlix Service Outage on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
by: Mike Chase Jan 16, 2013
You probably saw the news, or worse yet, experienced that NetFlix wasn’t working on Christmas Eve 2012. This was a big deal because it involved NetFlix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and it was on the one day where everyone is looking for some entertainment online.
Big Customers Get Attention
Typically, when you think of a company like NetFlix, you think of someone big and someone with quite a lot of influence. And then you look at a service provider like Amazon who is gargantuan. I once looked at a pricing grid, and I felt like it basically said that if you are not paying them $200,000 a MONTH, they don’t really want to talk to you.
The amazing thing is that they have great traction from very large companies. And so unfortunately, they are under a lot of scrutiny. I think they serve those large, big spending customers well for the most part. And I feel that is what they are good at – serving large companies that have teams of technical people that have the time to go through and understand how AWS, EC2, D3 and all these other technical components work.
But if you aren’t “NetFlix” – are you going to get a lot of attention of care from an “AWS”? For that matter, I see the same thing with Rackspace. This is a company that started out very early in the data center business, “before there was cloud”. But these guys are massive too – I imagine the typical customer could easily get lost in the account number based way of handling so many different customers.
All Our Customers Get Attention
We aren’t the kind of company that treats our customers as account numbers. This is a philosophy we adopted very early on call it “white glove treatment” or call it our commitment to “delivering a heavenly experience”.
We feel every customer is an early entrant to cloud, and every customer has different needs. So we work with our customers, our customers’ consultants and partners, to ensure that the migration to our cloud is fully supported by our technical and support teams – who go above and beyond to ensure the heavenly experience.
We’d love to have an opportunity to serve you, and to call you our customer (by your name).
- Hosted Virtual Servers now a part of Business Provisioning
- dinCloud Places Cloud Control in the Customers Hands
Article by Ali D., Chief Marketing Officer, dinCloud
- Recent Blogs
- Tuning Windows: Get 15x Speeds On Large File Copies TODAY
- Windows Server 2003 – Going the Way of the Dinosaurs
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with dinCloud Part 2
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with dinCloud Part 1
- TeslaCrypt – Lookout ransomware! Hello, dinCloud
- No Better Time to Address Your Cloud Security Concerns
- Driving SMB Competitive Advantage through Cloud App Development and Delivery
- What are the many types of Cloud?
- Eye Candy: The Truth Behind GPU Powered VDI
- Cloud Is The New Digital Sparta!