Looking for a best of breed Desktop as a Service (DaaS) offering? We rolled out the first HTML5 cloud hosted virtual desktop client in 2014 as an alternative deployment model to dinHVD, our award winning hosted virtual desktop offering. This product, dinDaaS, is easy to deploy and manage, delivers the same level of security and control that customers have come to expect from dinCloud. Read on to learn more.
DaaS (Desktop as a Service) was the original foundation for dinCloud (desktops in the cloud). So we’ve been doing a lot of R&D on your behalf, spending countless dollars and time to identify the backend infrastructure and the software that enables a customer to have the best DaaS experience. Here’s a few reasons you should consider dinCloud for DaaS:
dinDaaS is our “clientless” Hosted Virtual Desktop application – meaning no software downloads are required. Our DaaS solution loads as an “extension” through Google Chrome. It is very secure, supports 1 monitor, no USB or local print redirection (network printing only) and works on any Windows platform (except Windows RT), MAC OSX, Linux, or Google Chromebook device. Our standard DaaS configurations are detailed below, but can be customized in dinManage, our cloud orchestration portal.
Each Desktop as a Service (DaaS) is a personalized workspace for an individual user. This provides a persistent Windows desktop experience and personalized settings, applications, and documents and files.
Windows desktop experience is powered by the same architecture as Windows 7 with enhanced capabilities for upgrading Memory and CPU processing power.
All dinDaaS configurations run in a virtual private data center that is isolated for the customer through security layers and software defined networking.
You also get:
- Dedicated firewall + public IP (minimum 1, extra fee applies)
- Internet, Security, P2P VPN tunnel to your existing site
- Microsoft Active Directory Server (extra fee applies)
- Login from a Chrome browser on Mac, PC, Android
- Technical Support
- Optional Professional services include: VPN setup support, Active-Directory setup support, desktop image template setup (extra fee applies)
- Services: Need Microsoft expertise to help you migrate to the cloud? We have a network of service providers we work with that are familiar with dinCloud’s infrastructure, cloud services, and of course Microsoft products. Just ask us and you can also purchase those services through dinCloud.