The still raging pandemic has transformed our lives in a big way, and the workplace is no exception. Interestingly, most of us no more have a workplace as we knew it, as an overwhelming majority of professionals are working from their homes now.
Initially, it was thought that this would just be a brief, temporary phase and then, it would be business as usual. However, we were proved wrong by the devastating effects of this pandemic on the global population.
Now, we can broadly classify organizations into three main categories. The winners amidst all this chaos were enterprises that either had remote work platforms before the pandemic, or they immediately sought help from a Cloud Service Provider (CSP) like dinCloud.
Then we have enterprises that were initially reluctant to setup formal remote work ready IT environments, but realized this mistake relatively quickly. For these organizations, setting up on-premise capability was either too expensive or just not feasible.
Lastly, we are left with enterprises that remained oblivious to the rapidly changing workplace trends around them. They neither strived to provision in-house capability for remote work, nor did they seek a cloud solution provider like dinCloud.
Post Covid-19 Workplace Trends
One thing is for sure though, the future workplace will look a whole lot different when compared to the pre-pandemic era. Further, we expect some of these workplace changes to become a permanent feature, even once we have moved past this pandemic.
Gartner recently conducted a survey of over three hundred notable Chief Financial Officers (CFO) to gauge their take on the future workplace trends. 74% of the respondents said they will enhance their remote work programs even after the pandemic is over.
Another 25% of the respondents said they plan to move nearly one fifth of their existing workforce from the physical workplace towards remote working, and that too on a permanent basis. This is indeed a significant development for the near future.
Here are some reasons that will play an instrumental role in moving organizations towards remote work solutions.
- The safety of employees will be a key concern once things start re-opening.
- Nearly 60% of employees currently working from their homes want to continue as such.
- Productivity levels of remote employees have either remained the same, or even improved in some cases.
- A mass scale move to remote work will also end up reducing the carbon footprint, as huge office spaces won’t be required along with allied utilities such as cooling etc.
- Some of the world’s leading tech companies like Facebook and Twitter have already allowed their employees to work from home (WFH) on a permanent basis.
- Offering sound remote work platforms to employees may become a necessity for companies that want to retain top human talent in their industry.
- Businesses will need flexible and scalable remote work platforms, such as Cloud based ones, due to the high level of uncertainty out there.
The Cloud Ticks all the Right Boxes
Cloud powered solutions tend to conform best to the above rapidly changing workplace as well as employee trends. The Cloud is a secure, robust, reliable, scalable, compliant and cost efficient enabler of remote work.
Contact dinCloud for some of the most reliable and robust cloud based remote work solutions for your individual as well as enterprise needs.