- TechTarget's Opinion about dinCloud
- Chicago Law Firm Clears Immigration to Cloud in under a Week
- dinCloud Partners with ThreatStop
- DaaS Specific Solutions of dinCloud Highlighted by BrianMadden
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: DaaS Picks Up Where VDI Failed
- dinCloud offers DaaS for Law Firms
- TechRadar Pro Spoke to Mike Chase, EVP & CTO at dinCloud
- dinCloud Targets Law Firms with New Cloud Service Suite
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: Bye, Bye VDI; Hello DaaS
- VMware DaaS sited to Outplay Amazon WorkSpaces -- and its own Partners
- dinCloud Announces Legal Industry Specific Cloud Services
- dinCloud Announces First HTML5 Powered Hosted Virtual Desktop
- Business News Daily Mentions dinCloud
- New Product Launches and R&D Investments for 2014
- Mashable Cites dinCloud CEO for Insight on Cloud Savings.
- eWeek Features dinCloud for Virtual Server Hosting.
- Ingram Micro Cloud Now Offers dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers.
- dinCloud Announces Retail Cloud Services
- dinCloud Recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor
- dinCloud Wins 2014 TMC Cloud Computing Desktop-as-a-Service Award
- dinCloud CTO: Migration Wars Coming After Price Wars
- Cloud Services Providers like dinCloud Thriving Despite Price Clash Among Giants
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer VARs Cloud-based Solutions
- White Labeling Cloud Services Pros and Cons
- Tech Data Expands Extreme Networks Alliance - Adds dinCloud
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer Turnkey Cloud Solutions
- Cloud Computing: A Painkiller for IT Managers
- Big Awards SYNC with dinCloud CTO Mike Chase on Trends in the Cloud
- Combination of Internally Developed Software and Cloud-based Services by dinCloud Mentioned by TechTarget
- TechTarget Features DaaS Services of dinCloud
- dinCloud Offers no Transfer Fees with its New Cloud Service
- Search Virtual Desktop Discusses DaaS Services by dinCloud
- Network World Lists D3 Storage by dinCloud in New Products of the Week
- DrivenBI is to Deliver its Cloud Analytics Platform on dinCloud
- DrivenBI Partners with dinCloud to Launch Cloud-Based Analytics for Existing Cloud Transformation Services
- dinCloud's dinStorage D3 is Covered by Business Cloud
- AMZN D3 Cloud Storage Solution by dinCloud Featured by Talkin' Cloud
- dinCloud Launches dinStorage D3 for Cloud Storage Automation
- Mike Chase, CTO dinCloud Quoted in SearchVirtualDesktop Article
- dinCloud Wins Gold Stevie® Award
- TechNewsWorld Mentions dinCloud for Its Adaptability and Affordability
- Cloud Secrets: How to Get In - And Out - Quickly
Why Are Channel Partners Closing Multiple Deals with dinCloud?
by: Mike Chase Feb 12, 2013
Well, for starters they get a large commission on all monthly recurring revenue. The channel industry is evolving – it’s no longer focused on pushing boxes, but selling solutions. Companies want to work with partners that have a complete arsenal of solutions. Given the accelerating adoption of cloud computing (hosted virtual servers, hosted virtual desktops and backup in the cloud) channel partners are focused on adding these cloud services to their arsenal of solutions. From analysis that we have done with a national VAR partner, an average account executive makes 7x commissions selling a cloud solution vs. a similar on premise solution.
dinCloud has also successfully met its SLAs (service level agreements), which means that our channel partners can be comfortable that their end customers will not experience downtime. This is a major concern and roadblock for cloud adoption, so when channel partners find cloud providers with customer friendly SLAs that are actually being met, the result is a very successful all around partnership.
Furthermore, we often hear from channel partners that they don’t see any cloud provider out there that has an end-to-end infrastructure solution. dinCloud delivers business provisioning to customers, which means hosted virtual servers, hosted virtual desktops and backup in the cloud. End customers don’t want to work with multiple providers to get these different services – a “one stop shop” is very important in having a single point of accountability. Channel partners have been closing multiple deals with us because their end customers can pick and choose from a host of different cloud services.
Last but certainly not least, our channel partners use dinCloud’s proprietary cloud management software to orchestrate the cloud environment for their end customers. A cloud management software can cost a lot of money (perpetual licenses of $20K or per seat licenses of $1K), but dinCloud’s channel partners get this software for completely free. The primary reason for this is as dinCloud builds out the channel, we believe that showing value to channel partners will ultimately draw the line between the winners and the losers. While using our software, which is white-label enabled, our channel partners can demonstrate significant value to their end customers (provision, remote console, upgrade/downgrade, etc.). This better positions our channel partners to retain the end customers in a very competitive channel market. They are no longer just a vendor, but a trusted cloud partner for their end customers.
Channel partners continue to close multiple deals with us because: 1) they are getting compensated on a monthly basis; 2) have confidence in our ability to meet SLAs; 3) can pick and choose services from our end-to-end platform; 4) can manage all those services and show value to end customers through our white-label enabled cloud orchestration software.
- Recent Blogs
- Tuning Windows: Get 15x Speeds On Large File Copies TODAY
- Windows Server 2003 – Going the Way of the Dinosaurs
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with dinCloud Part 2
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with dinCloud Part 1
- TeslaCrypt – Lookout ransomware! Hello, dinCloud
- No Better Time to Address Your Cloud Security Concerns
- Driving SMB Competitive Advantage through Cloud App Development and Delivery
- What are the many types of Cloud?
- Eye Candy: The Truth Behind GPU Powered VDI
- Cloud Is The New Digital Sparta!