- TechTarget's Opinion about dinCloud
- Chicago Law Firm Clears Immigration to Cloud in under a Week
- dinCloud Partners with ThreatStop
- DaaS Specific Solutions of dinCloud Highlighted by BrianMadden
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: DaaS Picks Up Where VDI Failed
- dinCloud offers DaaS for Law Firms
- TechRadar Pro Spoke to Mike Chase, EVP & CTO at dinCloud
- dinCloud Targets Law Firms with New Cloud Service Suite
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: Bye, Bye VDI; Hello DaaS
- VMware DaaS sited to Outplay Amazon WorkSpaces -- and its own Partners
- dinCloud Announces Legal Industry Specific Cloud Services
- dinCloud Announces First HTML5 Powered Hosted Virtual Desktop
- Business News Daily Mentions dinCloud
- New Product Launches and R&D Investments for 2014
- Mashable Cites dinCloud CEO for Insight on Cloud Savings.
- eWeek Features dinCloud for Virtual Server Hosting.
- Ingram Micro Cloud Now Offers dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers.
- dinCloud Announces Retail Cloud Services
- dinCloud Recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor
- dinCloud Wins 2014 TMC Cloud Computing Desktop-as-a-Service Award
- dinCloud CTO: Migration Wars Coming After Price Wars
- Cloud Services Providers like dinCloud Thriving Despite Price Clash Among Giants
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer VARs Cloud-based Solutions
- White Labeling Cloud Services Pros and Cons
- Tech Data Expands Extreme Networks Alliance - Adds dinCloud
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer Turnkey Cloud Solutions
- Cloud Computing: A Painkiller for IT Managers
- Big Awards SYNC with dinCloud CTO Mike Chase on Trends in the Cloud
- Combination of Internally Developed Software and Cloud-based Services by dinCloud Mentioned by TechTarget
- TechTarget Features DaaS Services of dinCloud
- dinCloud Offers no Transfer Fees with its New Cloud Service
- Search Virtual Desktop Discusses DaaS Services by dinCloud
- Network World Lists D3 Storage by dinCloud in New Products of the Week
- DrivenBI is to Deliver its Cloud Analytics Platform on dinCloud
- DrivenBI Partners with dinCloud to Launch Cloud-Based Analytics for Existing Cloud Transformation Services
- dinCloud's dinStorage D3 is Covered by Business Cloud
- AMZN D3 Cloud Storage Solution by dinCloud Featured by Talkin' Cloud
- dinCloud Launches dinStorage D3 for Cloud Storage Automation
- Mike Chase, CTO dinCloud Quoted in SearchVirtualDesktop Article
- dinCloud Wins Gold Stevie® Award
- TechNewsWorld Mentions dinCloud for Its Adaptability and Affordability
- Cloud Secrets: How to Get In - And Out - Quickly
What is Telecommuting and Why Cloud for Remote Employees?
by: Mike Chase Feb 27, 2013
What is Telecommuting:
Telecommuting simply means working from a remote location, which can be anywhere outside of a centralized organizational work place. The major benefits of telecommuting are in-house facility costs, expansion, and talent acquisition. Companies save big dollars on construction, leases and property taxes, since they may no longer need to build or rent larger offices or parking lots when they expand. Moreover, they can attract employees from a larger geography and retain top talent who—for whatever reason—can’t travel to the office every day.
Telecommuting is definitely nothing new. But the way people are telecommuting and the IT processes that support them are constantly changing.
Why Cloud for Remote Employees:
As cloud computing and mobile technology continues to mature, more employers and employees are enjoying the benefits of telecommuting. The days of IT departments setting up VPNs so people could work from home are thankfully over. With solutions like Hosted Virtual Desktops, remote employees can now access all their files and applications from anywhere, anytime, using any device.
Cloud computing helps organizations meet their business continuity and disaster recovery needs, and supports remote employees by providing them with a secure way to access corporate data even if the corporate headquarters is affected by a manmade or natural disaster.
The traditional way of providing remote access to these employees increased the complexity and security issues. Many a sleepless night was had by IT administrators cringing that some remote user would spread a worm or Trojan through the entire organization. However, with cloud hosted desktops organizations can provide secure remote access to their remote employees, and virus out breaks is no longer a headache in hosted desktop environment.
Cloud technology has the capability of complete and full-time monitoring of remote employees activity. This ensures employers that they are operating at peak productivity – even if remote employees reside hundreds of miles away from the office.
Many organizations are already implementing or expanding cloud solutions, an ideal technology to support telecommuting efforts. If you are considering any cloud solution for your remote workforce, feel free to ask our experts to see which cloud solution makes sense as part of your IT strategy.
Article by Ali L., Digital Marketing Specialist, dinCloud
- Recent Blogs
- Tuning Windows: Get 15x Speeds On Large File Copies TODAY
- Windows Server 2003 – Going the Way of the Dinosaurs
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with dinCloud Part 2
- Disaster Recovery Made Easy with dinCloud Part 1
- TeslaCrypt – Lookout ransomware! Hello, dinCloud
- No Better Time to Address Your Cloud Security Concerns
- Driving SMB Competitive Advantage through Cloud App Development and Delivery
- What are the many types of Cloud?
- Eye Candy: The Truth Behind GPU Powered VDI
- Cloud Is The New Digital Sparta!