- TechTarget's Opinion about dinCloud
- Chicago Law Firm Clears Immigration to Cloud in under a Week
- dinCloud Partners with ThreatStop
- DaaS Specific Solutions of dinCloud Highlighted by BrianMadden
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: DaaS Picks Up Where VDI Failed
- dinCloud offers DaaS for Law Firms
- TechRadar Pro Spoke to Mike Chase, EVP & CTO at dinCloud
- dinCloud Targets Law Firms with New Cloud Service Suite
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: Bye, Bye VDI; Hello DaaS
- VMware DaaS sited to Outplay Amazon WorkSpaces -- and its own Partners
- dinCloud Announces Legal Industry Specific Cloud Services
- dinCloud Announces First HTML5 Powered Hosted Virtual Desktop
- Business News Daily Mentions dinCloud
- New Product Launches and R&D Investments for 2014
- Mashable Cites dinCloud CEO for Insight on Cloud Savings.
- eWeek Features dinCloud for Virtual Server Hosting.
- Ingram Micro Cloud Now Offers dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers.
- dinCloud Announces Retail Cloud Services
- dinCloud Recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor
- dinCloud Wins 2014 TMC Cloud Computing Desktop-as-a-Service Award
- dinCloud CTO: Migration Wars Coming After Price Wars
- Cloud Services Providers like dinCloud Thriving Despite Price Clash Among Giants
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer VARs Cloud-based Solutions
- White Labeling Cloud Services Pros and Cons
- Tech Data Expands Extreme Networks Alliance - Adds dinCloud
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer Turnkey Cloud Solutions
- Cloud Computing: A Painkiller for IT Managers
- Big Awards SYNC with dinCloud CTO Mike Chase on Trends in the Cloud
- Combination of Internally Developed Software and Cloud-based Services by dinCloud Mentioned by TechTarget
- TechTarget Features DaaS Services of dinCloud
- dinCloud Offers no Transfer Fees with its New Cloud Service
- Search Virtual Desktop Discusses DaaS Services by dinCloud
- Network World Lists D3 Storage by dinCloud in New Products of the Week
- DrivenBI is to Deliver its Cloud Analytics Platform on dinCloud
- DrivenBI Partners with dinCloud to Launch Cloud-Based Analytics for Existing Cloud Transformation Services
- dinCloud's dinStorage D3 is Covered by Business Cloud
- AMZN D3 Cloud Storage Solution by dinCloud Featured by Talkin' Cloud
- dinCloud Launches dinStorage D3 for Cloud Storage Automation
- Mike Chase, CTO dinCloud Quoted in SearchVirtualDesktop Article
- dinCloud Wins Gold Stevie® Award
- TechNewsWorld Mentions dinCloud for Its Adaptability and Affordability
- Cloud Secrets: How to Get In - And Out - Quickly
Security in the Cloud
Posted by: Mike Chase 1 year, 10 months ago
Security in the Cloud is All About Your Job!
As a cloud provider hosting desktops, servers and second site backup for global accounting firms, large automobile manufacturers and small law firms/healthcare organizations all around the country, we have heard a lot about security concerns in the cloud. Often times we are dealing with the IT organization within the business and their main concern seems to be security in the cloud. So, we walk them through our enterprise class infrastructure, our technology stack of companies that are global leaders in their respective fields and our extremely robust security practices and policies with multiple layers of security (physical, network and virtual).
For most, this gets them comfortable with the not so intuitive fact that security for your business is more robust in a cloud provider’s hands, as a cloud provider’s mere existence is an offshoot of its security practices and policies (vs. your business which focuses on making widgets or whatever else it does, but security certainly not being the core of business values). For some, this still didn’t do the trick – security was a big concern.
Over time, we realized that there are actually two fears about cloud computing that deal with security – data security and job security. Organizations might get comfortable with data security but their IT side of the house doesn’t feel comfortable with job security. The cloud was supposed to be this evil thing that was going to eliminate jobs for local IT departments, but truth of the matter is that job elimination hasn’t actually happened. IT managers and professionals are working with increasingly restrained resources under impossible deadlines, but that has always been the case.