- TechTarget's Opinion about dinCloud
- Chicago Law Firm Clears Immigration to Cloud in under a Week
- dinCloud Partners with ThreatStop
- DaaS Specific Solutions of dinCloud Highlighted by BrianMadden
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: DaaS Picks Up Where VDI Failed
- dinCloud offers DaaS for Law Firms
- TechRadar Pro Spoke to Mike Chase, EVP & CTO at dinCloud
- dinCloud Targets Law Firms with New Cloud Service Suite
- Cloud vs. Enterprise: Bye, Bye VDI; Hello DaaS
- VMware DaaS sited to Outplay Amazon WorkSpaces -- and its own Partners
- dinCloud Announces Legal Industry Specific Cloud Services
- dinCloud Announces First HTML5 Powered Hosted Virtual Desktop
- Business News Daily Mentions dinCloud
- New Product Launches and R&D Investments for 2014
- Mashable Cites dinCloud CEO for Insight on Cloud Savings.
- eWeek Features dinCloud for Virtual Server Hosting.
- Ingram Micro Cloud Now Offers dinCloud Hosted Virtual Servers.
- dinCloud Announces Retail Cloud Services
- dinCloud Recognized by CRN as a 2014 Emerging Vendor
- dinCloud Wins 2014 TMC Cloud Computing Desktop-as-a-Service Award
- dinCloud CTO: Migration Wars Coming After Price Wars
- Cloud Services Providers like dinCloud Thriving Despite Price Clash Among Giants
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer VARs Cloud-based Solutions
- White Labeling Cloud Services Pros and Cons
- Tech Data Expands Extreme Networks Alliance - Adds dinCloud
- Tech Data Partners with dinCloud to Offer Turnkey Cloud Solutions
- Cloud Computing: A Painkiller for IT Managers
- Big Awards SYNC with dinCloud CTO Mike Chase on Trends in the Cloud
- Combination of Internally Developed Software and Cloud-based Services by dinCloud Mentioned by TechTarget
- TechTarget Features DaaS Services of dinCloud
- dinCloud Offers no Transfer Fees with its New Cloud Service
- Search Virtual Desktop Discusses DaaS Services by dinCloud
- Network World Lists D3 Storage by dinCloud in New Products of the Week
- DrivenBI is to Deliver its Cloud Analytics Platform on dinCloud
- DrivenBI Partners with dinCloud to Launch Cloud-Based Analytics for Existing Cloud Transformation Services
- dinCloud's dinStorage D3 is Covered by Business Cloud
- AMZN D3 Cloud Storage Solution by dinCloud Featured by Talkin' Cloud
- dinCloud Launches dinStorage D3 for Cloud Storage Automation
- Mike Chase, CTO dinCloud Quoted in SearchVirtualDesktop Article
- dinCloud Wins Gold Stevie® Award
- TechNewsWorld Mentions dinCloud for Its Adaptability and Affordability
- Cloud Secrets: How to Get In - And Out - Quickly
Why Cloud Based Solutions for Designers?
Posted by: Mike Chase 1 year, 8 months ago
Remaining competitive in the current landscape requires speed, agility, control and visibility; as such, designers are no different than the rest of the workforce, they seek anywhere, anytime, any device access to the files and programs that drive their work functionality. On the other hand, designers need to manage massive amounts of data but don’t want to deal with bulky equipment and messy cable connections. This is where the cloud-based solutions can play a key role.
A recent study shows that 87% of small businesses report that the cloud-based solutions offer them a competitive advantage, by enabling them to go to market faster and increase productivity amongst their mobile workforce. Even the US government believes in the cloud; to the degree that they have set aside $2.5 billion to invest in the cloud through 2016.
Let’s take a look at some benefits of cloud-based solutions for professional designers:
Scalable and Cost-effective Computing for Designers
- Computing power is scalable for large jobs requiring more cores.
- Free-up space on your hard drive while ensuring you’ll never lose your personal files.
- Unlimited storage offered for a flat monthly fee (the cost of subscription is low.)
- Designers, collaborators, employers and clients can securely access projects via the cloud, from anywhere, at any time, using any device.
- The software vendor is responsible for hardware upgrades and maintenance.
Easy and Secure Access for Designers
- You can access it from anywhere through an internet connection, after providing your secure login ID and password.
- Cloud-based secure authentication methods allow only authorized users access to data and services.
- You control who has access to your data, when you share it, and with whom.
- The services are designed to protect data and authentication in transit.
- With your IT in the cloud, files can be accessed with a 99% guaranteed uptime.
Backup and Ownership for Designers
- Data stored in servers is backed up automatically to maintain reliability and availability.
- Download and back up work locally in a secure environment.
- Once purged, your data may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but cannot be recovered or read by anyone but you.
- Customers own the content they create.
- IP does not transfer ownership simply because of the storage location.
Most designers see the major advantage of the cloud as being able to work outside the office, yet remain in constant contact. What do you think are the key advantages of cloud-based solutions for professional designers?
Article by Ali L., Digital Marketing Specialist, dinCloud