Here are some examples of the types of personal information dinCloud may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an dinCloud ID, register your services, download a service updates or applications, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using dinCloud services, dinCloud may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on dinCloud's latest service announcements, service updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with dinCloud, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve dinCloud's services, and Client communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information ? data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an dinCloud product is used so that we can better understand Client's behavior and improve our services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
In some of our email messages, we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on the dinCloud website. When Clients click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our Client communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format Clients can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to Clients.
Disclosure to Third Parties At times dinCloud may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with DinCloud to provide services, or that help dinCloud market to Clients. Personal information will only be shared by dinCloud to provide or improve our services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Service Providers dinCloud shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling Client orders, delivering services to you, managing and enhancing Client data, providing Client service, assessing your interest in our services, and conducting Client research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever dinCloud operates.
It may be necessary ? by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence ? for dinCloud to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information dinCloud takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it's transmitted over the Internet. When you use some dinCloud services, or applications, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Location-Based Services To provide location-based services on dinCloud services, dinCloud and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your dinCloud computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by dinCloud and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services dinCloud websites, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites and services. Our services may also use or offer services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to dinCloud employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.